Membership
Site Contributions
Calendar
Kinship Summary
User Recognition
News

Ventrilo Status
How To

To show Channel and Who's Online info configure this widget with your Ventrilo server information.

Need A Vent Server?

If you need a Ventrilo server you can have one setup in minutes. Mumble servers and widgets are also available.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights of Valour Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Indigoris

re: Thread of Introductions and Miscellany

Hey everyone! I've been seeing a lot of new people popping onto the KoV site only to flee like scared little rabbits without posting to say hello! While I enjoy new faces, I do not enjoy silence...

Therefore I decided to make this thread for the sake of random greetings or whatever thoughts come into your head. New to KoV? Post a quick greeting or tell us a bit about yourself! Not new to KoV, but feel the need to tell everyone how much you love that new Lady Gaga song, or Harry Potter, or how excited you are about Isengard or....giant squids or....WHATEVER??

Tell me about it! I'm bored! Ok, go...

Hi Indi!

Hi Indie!

I'm so happy I went on and preordered Isengard and renewed my subscription for this game! Not only is the game horribly addictive and fun, but this kin is so much fun aswell.

I can't wait to catch up with you Indi and finally land my beautiful dwarven butt on the level 65 club!

Anyone want to give me tips on how to spend my time through levels 60 to 65?
Bhearni
Knight

Oh and I hate to double post, but I got so bored at work that I made myself a sig!

Hey, Sai!! :-) Thanks for posting!! I like your gnome, he seems quite buff.... My first WoW toon was a gnome mage, but she only got to about lvl 20 before I made my Dwarf pally. Yeah...I was a dwarf, but I didn't have a beard, and I also did one mean Riverdance...

And HEY Bhearni!! I'm so happy to see your beautiful dwarven butt back here even if you're not 65 yet. As productive as you always are, you'll be there before you know it!!

B, if I were lvl 60, I would leave Moria and go to Lorien if you haven't already and start doing the daily quests there. It's good exp, rep, and you can get branches and leaves to barter. Also going to Mirkwood and trying to get to friend with the Malledhrim isn't a bad idea because that is how you get the recipes for lvl 65 morale and power pots. I wish I had done that sooner on Indi! However, I felt since it was my first toon, I wanted to torture myself in....er, I mean have fun exploring Moria a while longer...hehe.

Hiya Indi! Though I joined as Riiss, my main character is Risslen, a Warden. I love him, so much fun to solo elites without losing barely any life. Anyway, I am about to log on so ill see you in the game!

P.S. Lady Gaga is terrible! Just thought I would add that. tongue out

Giant squids eh...I knew one once, but then I got high. ;P

Booziez wrote:
Giant squids eh...I knew one once, but then I got high. ;P

OMG you got high and killed him?? XD

And WHAT, Riiss?? Lady Gaga RULES!! And so does that Katy Perry...at least the one song, California Girls. I'm more into Metal and Rock, but come on...this pop is too catchy to ignore. Least until it drives you completely insane. And meat dress, ftw...its a dress...made of meat?

Indigoris wrote:
I'm more into Metal and Rock

Now thats what I am talking about! twisted \m/

I myself am more of an indie-ish/singer-songwriter kinda guy, you know, the kind who hangout in candlelit bathtubs and cry on their Tori Amos themed giant pillows when they're alone.

Speaking of wimps who cry a lot, I did start questing in the elf region of Lothlorien last night and got myself to friend status with Galadhrim, even though I managed to kill about a dozen of protected boars before I realized that it's kind of a no-no with the locals.

I also got these quests to go adventure into Hall of Mirrors and the Waterwheel in Moria for some more Galadhrim rep, but I couldn't find any company to go with me. If you haven't gone there yet, Indi, I would love to invite you to join me! (and of course anyone else from the kin aswell!)

I did peek into the HoM instance, but a huge Warg ate my face off.

Hi all,

My character, Agolthir (yes, a manly name, yes, a female character-- oops) has had a hard time adjusting to my nerdy hands. You see, until one month ago, I had not ever played any video game other than Civ. I guess that makes me not just Noob, but UberNoob.

I play a hunter, but I play very, very carefully-- thanks to going on GB runs with Saimon, Pher, and Booz and crying into my keyboard after they yelled at me.

My goal is to not ever be a Huntard. (I've even deleted the AoE buttons from my dock.)

This kin has been awesome. I never thought I'd like video games in a million years, but I am a total convert.

P.S. My boyfriend hates you all.

HI MOM!

well...hmmmm I had more to say a minute ago :/
SaimonX

Euthaleia wrote:
I play a hunter, but I play very, very carefully-- thanks to going on GB runs with Saimon, Pher, and Booz and crying into my keyboard after they yelled at me.

For the record I never yelled at you
Cause I don't have a fuctioning mic wink I do apologize if Pher or Booz did

Though I now claim Treewalker as my main, Chawnee was my main long ago. I started playing LOTRO a couple months after it first came out. I played for a long time, took a small break, came back when Moria came out and played some more time until I got married in RL and other things took priority. There's no proof of it now, but my original join date in the kin was before The Great Pherenn himself as I'm sure he remembers. I was one of the founding officers and have always liked this kin. It was good to come back and see the kin just as good as it always was; helpful and light hearted. Very few of the people that used to be in the kin from the old days even play anymore, but the kin has the same spirit.

Kin Trivia: I think Pherenn is the only one left from this far back, but the Knights of Valour were originally called the Knights Templar. Someone in game complained that our name had a religious reference and that it was against the rules, so we had to change it. I like it better the way it is now, but I thought i'd share a piece of history of the kin.

Treewalker (Hunter), Chawnee (Champion), Sakiman (Burglar)
Indigoris

HEY SAI!! *hug!!!*

Bhearni wrote:

Speaking of wimps who cry a lot, I did start questing in the elf region of Lothlorien last night...

LMAO! Now I know you couldn't possibly be suggesting that elves are whiny crybabies....could you? *sniffle* *cry* *sob* *whine* Bhearni called me a whiny crybaby!! I'm going to go write dark, angsty poetry in my room now... *sniffle* Then maybe later I'll paint a picture and sing to some trees...or better yet, I could make someone else do it because that sounds kind of dangerous...

Oooh speaking of danger, I would like to go with you to Hall of Mirrors and the Waterwheel and also Halls of Crafting, but you will probably be lvl 65 before I ever get another day off work. :'(

@ Agolthir:

Hey, Agolthir, welcome to lotro and KoV!! I love you :D I am sorry if Pher yelled at you (I know it was him because Saimon and Booziez would never yell at you, and Pher loves to yell at everyone!! Seriously, he does...). If he made you cry, I not only apologize on his behalf, but I will also /fishslap him for you and /hurl all over him until he either cries himself or commands his cat, Sammy, to end my life swiftly and bloodily. The latter somehow seems more likely...

Also, you are not a noob...at least not in a bad sense of the word. Maybe new to the game and still learning, but the key point is that you are learning, accepting advice and assistance from your friends, not standing about and conducting yourself in a nooblike fashion. Oh well, the key point is that we love you, and also /fishslap Pherenn!!

@ Blalian

HEY BLAL!! *hug!!!!* Miss ya! :D

@ Treewalker

Hello!!! It's so great to meet you! What a pleasure to meet someone who has been around here even before the days of the great Pher himself, and was a founding officer of the kin I have grown to love, no less! I am delighted that you have returned to lotro and look forward to getting to know you in game!

Page 1 of 3

Jump to: